Friday, June 17, 2011

Finger Painting - With Paint This Time

I thought I would introduce Emma to finger painting (not that she isn't familiar with it, but this time with paint and not poop). The concept was a bit odd for her at first. She was looking at me like I was nuts as I laid out paint in bowls and paper on the ground. To be honest, I thought I was nuts for allowing a not-quite-two-year-old near paint in a non fenced in area of my home. Apparently I was not sane enough to stop myself.

After I showed her what to do she got excited and just squealed with delight as she painted on the paper. And then, in a moment it hit her what was happening - her hands were dirty!!! Oh the horror! So periodically I would wipe her hands off and sanity was restored (for her at least) and she would continue to paint again.

Finally, when we were done, we got to clean up. It is debatable what Emma liked more - the painting or the cleaning.

In the end, no one got hurt and my house survived. After lunch Emma asked to paint again. She wouldn't let it go, so while she was napping I hid her pictures so hopefully she would forget. I am that mean of a mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment