We took Emma trick or treating this year. We told her we were going for a walk and that she needed to wear her peacock costume. Fortunately, she agreed to wear the costume because she hasn't always been so willing this season to don a fleece costume in 80+ degree weather. Weird, I know.
The first few houses Emma just looked confused as to what we were asking her to do - open her bag, say trick or treat, etc. She got the hang of it and when it was time to go in, she just said, "Walk!! Walk!!" as in "Let's keep going!" When we got home she wanted to glory in all of her treats. She would take them in and out of her bag. She did this for the next several days. She did not, however, ask to eat any of it. She has never really had candy so to her, candy was a toy. She would pat the candy, carry it around the house, and take it in and out of her purse. To this day, she hasn't actually had any Halloween candy and has lost interest in her toys. I love it. I am that mean of a mom. I didn't actually offer her any. I am just not ready to fight that battle yet. Next year...
Tuesday, November 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love that her trick or treat bag is a purse. She is beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteYou realize you committed to letting Emma have candy next Halloween. And it's in WRITING. As Emma's advocate I may need to hold you to that one.
ReplyDelete