Emma is 99.9% Russell. And actually, it may be more than that because I had a discussion with Aaron's mom about the 0.1% Anderson and each item she identified with. All I know is that I gave birth to this child. That appears to be my contribution thus far. However, the past few days there have been a couple of incidents that make me think that I can reclaim that 0.1%.
1. Literalism. It might be said that I could be a literalist. I showed Emma a hand towel with Christmas trees on it and pointed out the Christmas trees to her. Her response was, "No triangles." We went through it a couple of times but she insisted that the weren't Christmas trees but in fact triangles.
I have a Winnie the Pooh bear that is dressed up as Santa. Emma found it and I told her that it was Santa. Emma's response was "No Winnie the Pooh." Same thing - wouldn't believe that it was Winnie the Pooh dressed up as Santa.
2. Tape. When I was little I believed all gifts could in fact be made with tape. There may or may not have been a Christmas where I made everyone slippers out of tape and cardboard. So with Emma, I hung a sweater on the door by the string in the sweater that keeps the sweater on the hanger. Emma pulled on it and broke the sweater. When I told her that she broke it she thought that I meant the door knob. She said, "Be right back." She ran off and came back with tape. She proceeded to "fix" the door knob with tape. She was quite proud of herself.
Friday, December 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment