Thursday, March 15, 2012

Birds, Cookies, Cake and Toast

Emma just gave me the bird and asked me what it was. I didn't want to tell her what it was so I asked her what it was. I was curious as to what she thought she was doing. I should clarify that she wasn't angry while giving me the bird, just curious. She said that it was a cookie. So there you have it, I can give a rude driver a cookie and feel much more charitable about my actions because everyone likes cookies.

We were at a New Years party and Emma noticed some kids eating chocolate cake. She saw it and asked for some toast and pointed to the cake. She didn't know what cake was and toast was the closest she could think of. We let her have cake. I related this story to my dad and he asked if I felt guilty about it. I was shocked. Of course not - I was proud that my 2.5 year old had no idea what cake was. I am that cruel.. but I will probably refrain from giving her cookies as well, so I can't be that cruel.

1 comment:

  1. oh you are seriously hard core. I think it's funny just from sight alone she wanted the "toast." Did she like the cake? My kids don't like cake, frosting on the other hand is an obsession.

    ReplyDelete