Thursday, March 8, 2012

One Month

This is late, but that seems to be the theme around here of late. Sunday will be my first Sunday back to church with John and with church starting at 8:30am, and 2 kids to get ready without Aaron, lets be honest, this whole late thing is going to continue. I will be proud of myself if I get the sacrament 50% of the weeks this year.

I was taking John's picture and asked Emma to smile to take her picture. This is what I got:
When Emma is whining and asking for something we ask her to say it in a "happy" voice. Usually that means that she makes the same request but with a "please" attached to the end, but still whining. So Aaron was trying to get her to say it with a smile and he would put his fingers at the corners of his mouth. So now Emma associates the word "smile" with putting her fingers at the corners of her mouth.

This is actually a 3 week old picture:
This is a picture with the boots that my mom bought for Emma. For a while she would wear them everywhere, including just sitting in the foyer with them on just so she could wear them.


Here are the actual one month pictures (not too different from 3 weeks, I know):

Grandma Marsha came to help out during this time. It was wonderful - I got to have naps again and what more could you want out of life than to feel normal again because you are well rested. Not crazy is a good feeling. It was also nice because during the time that Marsha was here John started the symptoms of reflux so it was pretty stressful to try and feed a screaming, crying baby. Fortunately we were able to get him so medication and now he is moving toward going back to be a normal baby again. I took him to the doctor and they weighed him - at one month he came in at 10 pounds 9 ounces. This is a big kid.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, a month already? I guess it goes much more quickly when you're not the one living it :) I have decided John looks like Aaron which I guess means Emma looks like you since the two kiddos don't seem to resemble each other much at this point.

    ReplyDelete