There are a few things I want to remember about Emma's and John's personalities right now.
1. Books. They love, love, love, love to read books. John more so than Emma but I didn't think it was possible. John will hold a book up to the shower with the page open so I could read to him while I shower. He will hold up books for me to read while I drive, wash my hands, cook, etc. You name it, he will ask me to read to him during whatever I am doing. Lest you think this kid doesn't get enough reading time, we read when he wakes up, before naps, after naps and just about any time he is awake. We can easily pass an hour reading together. He has a long attention span for reading.
Emma will ask me to read a book to her 5 times in a row. There is a method to her madness. She is memorizing the book. She memorizes the book so she can read it to herself and to John. She will sit down with John and read to him when I cannot. Emma is branching out to a variety of topics. Right now she loves Hansel and Gretel and the Gingerbread Man. John likes truck book or a book that has a picture of a truck somewhere in it. He also likes books that you sing. For instance there is a book that has different words to the "12 Days of Christmas."
2. Bikes. Bikes are another story for John's attention span. Emma could ride a bike until her legs drop off. John will go 3 feet and then look at a truck near by or the moon or the sun or the airplane in the sky. This will go on forever and then will tell me that it is taking too long to get to where ever we are going. Emma loves to ride up and down hills, speed as fast as she can, ride backwards on her bike, do anything to get more joy out of riding a bike.
3. Imaginary Friends. Emma still has imaginary friends. Scratch that. Imaginary family. Chip and Avrin are family. The other day John turned to me and told me he loved Chip. He loves Emma's imaginary framily. Mostly I think that John just loves Emma. He loves what Emma loves. He is sad when Emma goes to preschool. He says he wants to go to preschool as he watches Emma go but he wouldn't like it given his love of nursery. Emma also has an imaginary class. She teaches this class and is in total control of the class. This has been her dream for about 4.5 years now. Total control.
Saturday, March 15, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment