I took John to Costco today and had an awesome experience. I now that know that John will tell all of the family secrets.
I had to change John's diaper so I took him to the bathroom. During the process John in his full out loud voice tells me that I don't wear underwear. I tell him that I do. He tells me I don't and that Emma wears underwear. I insist I do... mostly because there are people in the bathroom. [As a note for future posterity - I do wear underwear.] We went back and forth for a bit. Finally the subject changed but I don't think I changed John's mind. The ladies in the stall hopefully were on my side but, but chances are they think kids don't lie.
On the way home from our trip John and I had a conversation:
John: What do mans do?
Me: I don't know. What do they do?
John: They sell things.
Me: Oh. What do ladies do?
John: Credit cards and babies.
He then proceeded to list off other things that "mans" do - drive excavators, concrete mixers, etc.
When Aaron got home, I related the "mans" story. Aaron asked John if he [Aaron] was a man. John said "no, you are just a dad."
Tuesday, September 23, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment