Monday, June 8, 2015

Grandios

John found Aaron's measuring tape on the drier and wanted to measure my weight. I told him he weighs about 30 pounds and Emma weighs about 40 pounds. They asked about Aaron's and I told them how much he weighs. Emma asked me if I knew who weighed the most in the world. I told her I didn't know. Then thinking I didn't understand the question, I asked if she meant in our family. She sighed an exasperated sigh and said, "no, in the whole world." I told her I had no idea, to which she responded, "yes you do!" Like any good mom acting like a two year old, I responded, "no I don't." She countered with, "yes you do!! Heavenly Father!" I confess I instantly pictured Jabba the Hut and said, "I don't think Heavenly Father weighs the most in the world." To which she countered, "Yes he does!" I gave up at that point.

I was relating the story to Aaron and he laughed and then very seriously asked, "I wonder if the heavens preemptively laugh because they know that is coming or if they wait to laugh?" That made the rest of my day. Only Aaron could turn this story into a philosophical discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment