Emma started kindergarten on August 24th. She has been waiting for this day but was still a little nervous. Fortunately there is a girl in our ward that is in her class. Her teacher's name is Mrs. Allen and she seems nice. On the first day of school she woke up early because she was so excited. She got ready and we all went to the bus stop together as a family. We took pictures and when the bus actually came, I confess that it was harder than I thought it would be. I had to work hard not to cry! Aaron felt the same way. One of the things that cracked me up was Aaron, totally serious, said, "I she she had a cell phone so we could text her instructions!" I was giggling because I was confident that Emma could handle kindergarten and also, what kindergartener texts.... oh, wait, that would be Emma.
After we got home, Aaron went to work and John and I finished breakfast. It was just John and I and John turns to me and says, "Lets tie a scarf around our ankles and run around and fall on our face!" All I could think was, "Where is Emma when I need her???" I am not a run around and fall on my face kind of mom. I am more of a legos kind of mom.
Emma loved her first day of school and came home exhausted. In fact we have been working on getting settled into a routine for 4 weeks now. Emma has to get up at 6:30am to get ready and leave the house by 7:10 to catch the bus for school to start at 8:05am. Then school ends at 3:05 and she is home about 3:30. It is a long day for her.
John started preschool the same week that Emma started kindergarten. John goes to preschool at lady's house that is in our ward. She is super nice - Sister Christiansen. John loved preschool because there was a drill press and a circular saw. He talked for days about these tools. On the second day of preschool he told me not to hurry to pick him up and even asked why I couldn't just leave him there. I told him all of the kids had to go home. He wasn't convinced that was a good reason to come get him.
Tuesday, September 22, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment