Sunday, November 15, 2015

Blast Off

I had a nap today and it was glorious! While I was napping, Aaron gave the kids a choice between learning about space, muscles, or french. They chose space. He showed them some videos of rocket launches and the moon walk and discussed gravity and the atmosphere. I woke up rested and they were smarter.

Aaron and Emma left to go help some one rip up carpet and John turned to me and announced that he wanted an astronaut costume. Turns out I don't have one. He was very insistent so I figured we could conjure up something. We looked online and came up with footie jammies, a bike helmut and an amazon box covered in printer paper with duck tape straps and voila! We had an astronaut costume. The good thing is, John is pretty easy going so this costume totally worked for him. We played moon walk and blast off and all sorts of things. Then he wanted to be an astronaut that rode his bike so he put on his fireman rain boots because astronauts wear boots and we went outside in full gear and rode his motorcycle. He was beyond proud. He even wanted to wear his oxygen pack to the bathroom but I drew a line there.

Emma watched this for a while and then five minutes before bed time she decided she wanted to be an astronaut. So by the time I had finished her oxygen pack it was past her bedtime and she got to wear her bike helmut and footie jammies and oxygen pack up the stairs to her room and go to bed. I am sure tomorrow will hold more space exploration adventures for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment