Sunday, February 21, 2016

Sick and More Sick

John has taken it in the shorts this year, actually starting in December of last year. He came down with bronchitis and an ear infection. Simultaneously he had a staff infection that we had taken care of in January. Then he needed to get some muluscum taken care of a couple of times because the first time didn't work. The muluscum were the instigator of the staph infection. He had another ear infection where the doctor also scratched the inside of his ear while attempting to clean out some wax and a possible penicillin allergy from the antibiotic from the ear infection. He also tripped an had to get a couple of stitches on his chin. We went in to get his stitches taken out and found out that he had come down with the flu B that afternoon.

John has been a trooper through it all, but just don't try to touch his head. He now accepts medicine droppers in his mouth. Emma believes that all prescriptions are for John.

While John had the flu, he woke up in the night screaming like he was being dismembered. Aaron and I ran up stairs to find out that he couldn't find his jammy shorts. When I offered him some other pants he cried because they didn't match his shirt. I tried to explain that nobody was going to see him and he still wanted to match. Really he needed a drink and had a fever. The next night I heard John wake up so I go up to catch him before he could scream. No luck. This time it was worse than the night before. Aaron jumped up on our bed, but tripped on our covers and landed on our laundry basket. We are now down a laundry basket. We asked John why he was screaming. He was coming to get us to tell us something and got to the stairs and it was dark so he got scared and screamed and ran back into his room. When we asked him what he was going to tell us he said, "I don't know, it left my head." When Aaron told me about the laundry basket, I couldn't stop laughing. In fact I was crying I was laughing so hard. Now, whenever I see the basket I giggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment