As it turns out, I like legos. I don't remember having them as a child. I am pretty sure we had at least some because I know what they are but I don't remember playing with them. John has been getting into legos lately. I have been playing legos with him and enjoying it.
I have always wanted to build a lego temple whenever I see pictures of lego temples. I think it would be fun. I decided that it would be a great activity for the kids to do during conference. I asked John's preschool teacher if I could borrow her legos to find the pieces I needed to build a temple. It turns out she has a million legos. I spent the better part of a rainy day searching through legos for white pieces and gray and tan pieces (when it was apparent that I didn't have enough white pieces). And by the better part, I mean several hours. My eyes were having a hard time adjusting to looking at any distance that was longer than about 18 inches from my face. It brought back a ton of memories of my programming days. Even John commented that his eyes were "weird." John's preschool teacher had 3 more bags of legos so if I wanted to, I could spend three more days looking for the right legos.
I decided that it was worth the $45 for a temple lego set. So the Nauvoo temple is coming on Wednesday. The kids have requested the large Salt Lake temple that is supposed to take an adult 6-9 hours to complete. We will have to see how Nauvoo goes.
Sunday, March 13, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment