This past week Emma brought home some bug that was a force to be reckoned with. She single-handedly took out both Aaron and I. On Monday I knew something was wrong because she just wanted to snuggle and she fell asleep on the way home from the grocery store. When she took an eternal nap - then I knew she was definitely sick. I rocked her for a while after she woke up and reveled in the snuggle time. When Aaron got home he was so excited that Emma just wanted to snuggle. He had reached nirvana - snuggling with Emma while rocking her and reading his book. His bliss was only slightly interrupted when Emma tossed her cookies all over him. He showered and was back to snuggling.
We enjoyed 2 days of snugglage before the sick monster reared its ugly head. We had been stuck inside for days on end (2) and both Emma and I were going stir crazy. So I broke down Friday (3 days after crazy set in) and bought Emma a shopping cart. Shopping cart: $15, Sanity: Priceless.
This past week I have been trying to teach Emma the sign for "please." She actually learned it. So now when she asks for something we make her say "please." Yesterday she all of a sudden whips out the sign for "milk" and "more" and "thank you" all on her own. We tried and tried and tried and tried and tried to teach her those signs last summer but with zero luck. She would hate it when we would touch her hands and she did not seem to respond to when we would do the signs. So we gave up. Periodically we have tried to do the signs with her but it was a less than half hearted effort. We figured we had been beaten. And that is when she just decided to do the signs on her own without any prompting from us. So this morning... she is totally using all of the signs. We finally have progress!
Scout Socks. Aaron has a pair of boy scout socks. They are green and thick and warm. When it is winter time I claim them as my own. Aaron fights that claim and now there is a new contender in the family. Emma wanted to wear them this morning.
You will note that the socks complete the outfit and combined with the hair - it is just too much for words.
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Those look like the army socks that Rand wears- we can send you plenty of hand me downs come summer:) Love to see cute little Emma, we miss you guys.
ReplyDeleteNice post. I especially loved the part about Aaron getting barfed on and then cleaned up and back to snuggling. Sad as a sick kid is, gotta love the cuddle time.
ReplyDelete