Now that Emma is talking more, she is saying some funny things:
1. She was climbing on a box to jump off of it and fell backwards on accident. She laughed and said, "It's good one!" So when she does something on accident (that usually involves falling) she laughs and says that.
2. Apparently Emma really listens to my phone conversations. She insists I talk on the phone on speaker phone so she can hear the conversation and participate. My sister Mary will sometimes say "Peace out" but usually in the context of "I am all done with this situation and am leaving now." Usually it is related to her work. One morning Emma was walking by one of her blocks that had a ladybug on it and I heard, "Peace out ladybug!" I was cracking up so hard. So now she says it randomly.
3. Emma loves to play chase. (What kid doesn't?) One day she was sitting in her high chair and eating a strawberry. She said, "I'm going to get you strawberry!" and the proceeded to eat the strawberry.
4. Whenever we are in the grocery store or where ever, and Emma sees an older gentleman, she points and calls him "grandpa." She knows that he isn't her grandpa, but it is more of her labeling the guy as an old man. We were at a friend's house (who is our age) and she was pointing to one of our friends and calling her "lady." Later that evening she pointed to out host and called him "grandpa." He doesn't have gray hair, or any of the typical identifying grandpa features so I have no clue but she wouldn't change her mind about it.
5. I was making her oatmeal in the morning and she looked at it and said, "Oatmeal stinking hot." It was quite matter of fact. I think that she got that one from me. We have had an extremely hot summer and I think I use the phrase "stinking hot" to describe our weather.
Saturday, September 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment