Saturday, September 17, 2011

Sunday Naps

I grew up in a family where we all happily took 3 hour Sunday naps. It was really a continuation of church. Aaron grew up in a family where naps where under appreciated. I don't get it. Emma has adopted the Russell attitude. This next kid is hopefully an Anderson.

Here, Emma played for a while instead of napping so it was hard to get her up when we normally get her up because she hadn't been asleep for too long. We brought her down to our room and she didn't want to snuggle with us in our bed so she made herself comfortable on a pillow on the floor and continued her nap there. Aaron and I didn't stop her cause we may or may not have fallen asleep ourselves.


A couple of Sunday's ago Emma's jammies were dirty but we didn't discover it until it was time to put her down for a nap. This was a crisis. I tell you why. Emma is still a nudist. But it has progressed to taking off the diaper. I have found her sleeping, diaper off, in a puddle. The puddle wasn't drool. So we have a single pair of footy jammies that we turn inside out and zip up. It is the only piece of clothing we have found that is strip proof. This is also the only pair of footy jammies that are not fleece and this is key in Houston in the summer. Hence the crisis of the dirty jammies. So we decided to play Russian Roulette and put Emma in normal jammies - pants and a shirt. We ran up there 3 times to either stop her mid strip or full strip and put a diaper back on her. At this point, we were desperate so we did this:

What you can't see is that we also taped her diaper on underneath her jammies. This was really in case she figured out how to get the tape off. But in actuality it just was a sign of desperation because she shimmies out of her diaper so the tape wouldn't have confounded her if it really came to it. Once she figured out that she couldn't free herself from the prison of her jammies, there was much weeping and wailing. That is when she tried to escape a couple of times from her crib. That meant more running up to stop her. This was not a restful nap time for anyone. She never napped.

This is just a cute picture. Emma loves her puppies. In fact, Puppy (the big one) has become her favorite toy. It goes where Emma goes, unless I can stop her of course. I am terrified I will loose it and it will break her heart. So we try to keep Puppy at home.

2 comments:

  1. So quick question, why do you have word verification on your commenting if your blog is private? Just curious who on your invite list is prone to spam.

    PS Please don't revoke my invitation...

    ReplyDelete