Sunday, August 26, 2012

Seven Months

Here are some random things of late:

1. Emma has a white skirt and a mostly white shirt. She put them on and came to me and said,"Look, I found Snow White."

2. Nanny (my mom's mom) made an apron for me when I was a kid. Emma likes to wear it now when she plays with her kitchen. Nanny also made an apron for my dad so he could wear it when he had his work suit on. It was a 70's green and terry cloth from an old table cloth. It was pretty ugly but highly functional. I love functional so I would wear the apron when I had my work cloths on and would eat before heading out to work. I worked at Talbot's - a women's business wear retail store - while I was in high school. When I was in college, I missed having that apron so I made one myself just like the green apron. Emma and I wore the aprons while playing with her kitchen recently.
3. Aaron decided to "do" John's hair. I walked into the room and found this:
4. Emma loves her squeegee:
5. John is now seven months old. This has gone fast. I still think he is a newborn except when I pick him up in his carrier. Then it is quite evident that he isn't. He is getting more and more aware of his surroundings. He won't eat if he sees anything interesting. Emma wouldn't eat if she heard anything interesting. He is cutting 4 teeth on his top at the same time so now he has 6 teeth in three months. He is sitting up quite well now. He is starting to get frustrated that he can't get to stuff so hopefully he will start crawling soon.


6. Emma decided to sing in church while the ward choir was singing. She didn't know the song so she sang about Jesus, the House of God, and H.E.B. (the local grocery store).

7. Emma has been having fun with her kitchen.

8. Emma and John have been having fun playing with a balloon. They both just laugh and giggle and it is so cute!

1 comment:

  1. Aaron has found his calling as a hairdresser! John looked AMAZING! That picture just keeps on amusing me and making my day. Johns is such a happy kid!

    I love it whn Emma smiles so big that her eyes are almost closed. She just emminates happiness.

    ReplyDelete