Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Glue

Emma had an obsession with tape, using it to fix things. She has matured in her old age and now uses glue stick... sometimes appropriately... sometimes, less so. She did use the glue stick to fix a flap in a lift-a-flap book. She was quite meticulous for a 3 year old. I was impressed. I went back later to really fix it but what she did worked.

Today Emma broke one of her dress up shoes. Part of the bottom was already cracked and today it broke off completely. She was heart broken that she now had one flat shoe. She was so quiet in my room for a long time and then she suddenly appeared with glue stick (about 1/4 inch thick) on the inside of the shoe, announcing that she had fixed her shoe. I don't even think it will dry clear by morning.

1 comment:

  1. She definitely did NOT get that from you!!!! You stayed t he tape stage for 15 years. :)

    ReplyDelete