Monday, April 22, 2013

Noise

John has developed a love of noise. He gravitates towards noisy toys. Even better than noisy toys are my pots and pans on my tile floor. There are some days where I hide in my room while the kids bang my pots and pans on my floor. Then John discovered he could drop the lids on the floor. Today he made an even better discovery - he can throw the lids on the floor. I lost it at that point and took away the lid so he found another lid. I am ready to lock up my cupboard. Unfortunately, Emma knows how to open the child proof locks.



John does not embrace all noise though. He hates my wheat grinder. He runs away crying. He is unsure about the vacuum cleaner and will hover close, but not too close while I am cleaning. So maybe he just likes the noise that he generates and not other people...

Today he also "played a game" with me. More like he thought we were playing a game. He would scream this awful high pitched scream. Then I would in all seriousness "shhh" him. He would smile and scream again. Repeat cycle. I was really trying hard to communicate my serious intent and it didn't seem to phase him at all. My only thought was, "is this the only time he will do this or is this permanent and will he do this at church?" Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment