Saturday, June 15, 2013

Crazy

John is getting rascally. He climbs up everything and is into everything that he shouldn't be on top of and into. There are some days where I feel like I just chase him around getting him off of and out of things. I thought I had child proofed my home but I can tip over so many chairs and shut so many doors. I forsee an ER visit for John at some point in the near future.

On Thursday I was helping Emma take a shower and could hear John screaming downstairs. I could tell that he was stuck somewhere but figured that Aaron could help him since he was downstairs. Turns out we had let the door open to the bathroom and John climbed up the stool and climbed into our pedestal sink. This is a tall sink with no counter. He had figured out that he couldn't get out and was just screaming. Unfortunately we didn't get pictures because he was so upset and just wanted out.

On another note of crazy, Emma has a pink and purple "credit card." It came in a play purse that she received as a gift. Emma is a mimicker - whatever I do, Emma wants to do. Once she figured out what that pink card was about, she wanted to take it where ever we went and swipe it herself or have it swiped by the cashier.So far everyone has understood what is going on when I ask them to swipe the pink and purple card that doesn't actually fit in the credit card slot. They smile at Emma, laugh to themselves and comment on how cute she is.

I went to 5 Guy Burgers this week and asked the lady to swipe my card and Emma's since there was not a terminal for the customer to use. The lady apparently only saw Emma's card or something even though I was holding up both cards. She looked at me like I was two ways to crazy. I could tell what she was thinking - that I was asking to pay with a kids pretend credit card. So I tried to explain. She was so hung up on what she thought was happening that she didn't hear my explanation. I have never had such an awkward conversation where I felt like I should be looking over my shoulder for men to take me away in a white jacket. It took several very long minutes to get her to understand what I was asking. She laughed when she finally understood and I was happy to get out of there.

The problem with my explanations is that Emma was standing right there and I am not entirely sure she understands that her card is pretend and so I was trying to explain what the pink card was without hurting Emma's feelings. It is apparently a conversation that we need to have but in the middle of 5 Guys was not the time.

1 comment: