Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day

All About My Daddy
By Emma 2013
What is Daddy’s name?
Aaron
What color is Daddy’s hair?
Brown
What color are Daddy’s eyes?
Green
What does Daddy like to eat?
Pasta
What does Daddy like to do for fun?
Go on Dates
How long have you known Daddy?
A couple years ago
How old is Daddy?
34
Where did you and Daddy meet?
We meet Chris too
What does Daddy do for work?
He works for food
How tall is Daddy?
Just about short
How much does Daddy weigh?
35 years ago
What do you like to do with Daddy?
I like to play with him
What makes Daddy the best?
Playing hide and seek

So I asked Emma these same questions last year and did a comparison. Her answers are a lot less random this year and she actually knew some answers. The one that surprises me the most is that Aaron has green eyes. They are brown - the same brown that Emma and John both have but that answer has been consistent over the year. 

This year I asked Emma what she wanted wanted to give Aaron for Father's Day. She said a computer. Since we have one and another is outside of the price range I was thinking of, I told her she could draw a picture of a computer if she wanted to. She didn't want to. Then she said that she wanted to give Aaron a book that he already had. I loved the idea! She recognized that Aaron loves books, it didn't add to our enormous book collection, and the price was hard to argue with. So Emma picked out "Europe since Waterloo." I thought it was a great choice. I asked her how she wanted to wrap it and she chose silver paper with pink and silver ribbon. I giggled to myself. Some day Father's Day will be about Aaron, but not this time! Emma had Aaron read a few bits to her. It was thrilling.

Now for a confession (after an explanation). I like to pick out cards but only funny ones. If a card isn't funny, it doesn't have any value to me. This year, the pickings were very slim. So slim, the best I could do was about different animal fathers' toots. I read the card to Emma and oh man! She was just about crying she was laughing so hard. She was particularly fond of the cheetah toot. That made the card worth it. I was so excited for Aaron to see Emma laugh at the card... and she was stone cold sober. So disappointing!

Just as a note for the future, when I don't remember any thing any more. We did get Aaron a gift besides "Europe since Waterloo." 

1 comment:

  1. Emma may not know Aaron's eye color . . . but she does know her Daddy pretty well as demonstrated in her answer to What does Daddy do for Work?

    ReplyDelete