Friday, August 23, 2013

18 Months



John turned 18 months.... a month ago. I am a little behind. He has developed a deep love of trucks. We were reading a book and it had pictures of trucks in the book and he just cried when we turned the page away from the trucks. He lives for trucks. He even makes the engine noises when he plays with the trucks. I recently bought him a small digger (I actually don't know if that is the right name - they all look alike to me). He cuddled it for days and would not let go of it. Personally, I don't consider trucks as cuddle worthy. I guess you have to be a little boy to understand.

He started talking at around 17 months. Right now he can say the following words:
Mommy
Daddy
Emma
doggy
cat
truck
bye
hi
more
milk
thank you
here you go
baby
no
mine
stuck
duck
please
bonk
beep
moo
oh man

I took him to nursery and he saw toys and didn't even turn back to see if I was behind him... and I walked out with a smile on my face. I happily enjoyed Sunday school and Relief Society. When I picked him up he seemed happy and apparently he only pinched one kid. So at least he didn't bite any one??



John sometimes cleans up his toys all by himself. He loves to be outside and dig in the dirt. He loves swimming and will jump in the deep end if he has watched Emma do it for a little bit. He attempts whatever he sees her do. He loves to go down the slide at the pool. John loves to sit on Emma's lap and have her or anyone read him a story. He can't resist someone reading him a story even if it means he will ultimately get a diaper change or have to go to bed. He loves Aaron and asks several times a day where daddy is. John isn't good about sitting in a shopping cart. I can turn my back for a second and he is out of the seat belt and standing up. He and Emma laugh the loudest and hardest when they are destroying things.


No comments:

Post a Comment