Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Marriage

Aaron was explaining to Emma how she was going to get married to a boy some day.

Emma: What is his name going to be?
Aaron: We don't know yet.
Emma: I am going to name him Chip because I like Chip.

She went on to say that she loves Chip and how that how we have 3 boys and 3 girls in our family: Aaron, John, Chip, Me, Emma, and Avrin.

I should add a side note that Chip is Emma's imaginary blue monster who does everything exactly that Aaron does. Avrin is a girl who sometimes is Emma's age and sometimes is a baby. Lately Avrin has been more like John's age and is very naughty and exasperates Emma when Emma has to discipline her.

One time we were pulling out of the parking lot at the pool and it was flaming hot outside. Emma tells me that I left Avrin in the trunk of the car and I needed to stop the car, get her out of the trunk and buckle her into the front seat so she could be safe. The nice thing about imaginary friends is that the are imaginary so I can just say that I already got Avrin out of the trunk and that she is in fact sitting in the front seat. Emma just missed it when I got her out of the trunk. There isn't anyone to contradict me... except Emma of course.

Today when we were getting in the car, Emma told me that I shut Avrin's had in the car door and she was crying.

1 comment:

  1. I have decided to rename Brian Sibley since I like that name. Tonight when I tell him I am sure he ill be thrilled!

    Btw, how did it feel to apologize town imaginary friend???

    ReplyDelete