Monday, February 10, 2014

Nose Like a Bloodhound

I was quite proud of myself when I feed John a green smoothie where the predominant ingredient was spinach. I even added sunflower seed butter for protein. I should know by now that whenever I feel proud of myself, it bites me in the tukus.

While I was in the bathroom I could hear John playing with a plastic ziplock bag. I couldn't imagine what he could have gotten a hold of in my bedroom that was in a plastic bag. As it turns out, Aaron had a bag of candy in his church bag. (It was for his primary class.) John had eaten a star burst and was working on opening a lolly pop. I promptly took away the bag of candy and moved on with my morning.

A short time later, Emma called to my attention that John had a bag of candy. So I took away another bag of candy that originated from Aaron's church bag. It hadn't occurred to me that he would have two bags of candy in his church bag. I don't think John was able to partake of his findings this time.

While I was making my grocery list, it was nice and quiet. At one point John came up to me asking me to open a life saver from it's wrapper. I took the candy away and put it on the counter and went back to my list. I figured the life saver dropped out of the bag when John was looking through it this morning. John wandered off and was super quiet. I managed to finish my list and carefully think through everything. It was that quiet. Then it dawned on me... it was that quiet! I went to find John in my room. As it turns out, Aaron had three bags of candy in his church bag. John had eaten several colored tootsie rolls. He apparently tried a chocolate one and spit it out on the carpet. I took that bag away from him and decided that I should search Aaron's church bag for a fourth bag of candy. No fourth bag.

John was quite the happy camper with his raid. I figured that I could laugh off his candy raids of the morning and we were done because I had removed all of the bags of candy. I was getting lunch ready when again John was quiet. I looked for him and he was at our desk playing with a marker. When I picked him up he opened his mouth and pointed inside signalling to me that he had eaten something. I smelled his breath. Fruity. I was struggling to believe that I had left candy on our desk. Then I remembered. I had seen a tube of cherry chapstick on the desk. Yup, I opened it up and the entire container was gone. What was left, were little teeth marks in the remaining chapstick at the very bottom. The remainder of the day, John had his hands in his mouth trying to dig out chapstick from his teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment