John is a funny kid. He is the does and says funny things kind of kid. In the past 24 hours there have been some stories that I want to remember.
1. Last night I put John on the toilet (yes, potty humor, I know...) and asked him to go pee. He tried and then said, "tooters stuck." Tried again. "Tooters no working." Tried again. "Tooters working."
2. John loves pockets in his clothes. He will stick his hands or toys in them and is thoroughly delighted. He found an old cell phone and stuck it in his hip pocket. He carried it around for a few minutes. Then he took it out. Then he was trying to stick it back in his pocket. He was getting frustrated at his attempts and came to me for help. I tried to stick it in his hip pocket and he yelled/commanded, "No! Cheekies!" I stuck it in his back pocket and he walked off happily.
3. I was relating the story of yesterday when John got into the candy three times and into chapstick to my mom. John said, "candy!" and ran off. Part way through the conversation I noticed that John was quiet again. I went looking for him and sure enough he had managed to get to a bag of candy that I had put up from yesterday. He got a starburst. How I don't know. It really was out of reach. This kid is part bloodhound, part Inspector Gadget (a man with robot arms that extend to reach things far away) and part Pavlovian dog. My dad hypothesized that when my sister Mary was here, John learned that there are yummy treats in bags. Now instead of sniffing them out, he was trained to search them out in bags.
Tuesday, February 11, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment