Monday, June 9, 2014

Funny

Stick with me here. There are 2 background stories that set up my main story.

1. Emma was discussing something about her eyes. I was discussing eyes with her and mentioned the word "eyeball." Emma and John immediately started laughing so hard they were crying. Apparently the word "eyeball" is hilarious. Periodically they ask me to say "eyeball" and then they start laughing all over again.

2. We are thinking about buying a minivan. We were discussing this with my dad and he mentioned that we should get decals of flames to put on the minivan coming out of the engine to make it more acceptable for Aaron to drive. We were cracking up over that. Aaron countered that we should get hydraulics on the minivan.

So I was singing songs to John to put him to bed. I remembered my dad's comment about the flame decals for the minivan and started giggling. John asked what I was laughing at. So I told him that Grandpa said something funny. John thought about it and asked if grandpa said "eyeballs." I giggled and told him, "yes, grandpa said eyeballs." John just kept saying "grandpa said eyeballs."


On another topic but similar theme, John loves leaf blowers. I mean he LOVES leaf blowers. He is contantly turning anything long and pointy into a leaf blower. Sticks. Lego towers. The chain cover to a bike. A card cardboard tube from wrapping paper. His arm. The trailer to a car transporter. You name it, it is a leaf blower. He makes this sound where ever we go - the grocery store, everywhere. Today, John was peeing on the toilet, looked up with a smile and then started to make a leaf blower sound. He made the connection!

No comments:

Post a Comment