Lately when I put John down to bed and start singing him a song he will say, "wait, wait... I want to talk about it." Then I will ask what he wants to talk about. It is different every time. One night he was concerned that there were monsters that were going to say "roar" to him. So we talked about how we only let nice monsters into the house. He wasn't buying it. So then I changed to a no monster policy and that didn't convince him either. He would tell me a concern and I would come up with an answer and he wouldn't believe it. After time though he consented to going to sleep.
Tonight his concern was that the darkness was going to make him fall out of bed and bonk his head. So we talked about it.
He will also say, "I want to talk about something." So I ask him what he wants to talk about. Nine times out of ten he will say skunks. So we talk about how they are black and white and really what he wants to talk about is how they spray stinky stuff. So we spend a lot of time on that particular aspect of skunks.
This fall has been cold. By cold I mean 40s and 50s. A normal fall here would be 60s and 70s. Every time we go outside I ask John if he wants his jacket (really just a hoodie sweatshirt) and he says "no I am a polar bear." So he goes without it. One of the times he went without a jacket we were going to the grocery store. We got to the refrigerated section and my little polar bear turned back into a lizard that suns on a rock. He couldn't take the refrigerated section and wanted out of there as soon as possible.
One time I took the kids for a walk while it was 52 degrees outside. They were dying! It was then that I realized I have raised two Texas kids. They do best at 55+ and sunny.
Thursday, November 27, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment