I was telling Emma our plans for tomorrow as I was laying down with her to put her to bed. I told her that Aaron and I were going to go to Anadarko's holiday party in the evening and that we are going to get to a babysitter. Emma asked if she could go. I told her that it was just for adults and that it was going to be boring for kids. She asked what we were going to do. I told her that we would eat dinner and listen to music. She then said, "And talk dainty?" I was stunned and then I said, "yes." I don't know how dainty it will be with Maroon 5 playing but close enough. Apparently she got the "dainty" talk from a Henry and Mudge book.
We checked out a Digger Man book. In it a boy buys a digger and then gets digger man boots and a hard hat. So this morning John was telling me he needed a hard hat. Aaron had a hard hat from his ExxonMobil days so he got it out for John. He was elated. We play a game where I lay on the ground on my back and he sit on my stomach and moves my knees and feet to dig and dump "dirt" out. He sat there this morning with his hard hat and sang "That's What Excavators Do." He was calling me "Excavator Mommy."
Friday, December 12, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment