Wednesday, December 17, 2014

UPS Man

We have been getting a lot of packages at the door given the season. John and Emma have taken the boxes, put their own toys in and are playing UPS man. They deliver the packages to Emma's door, knock and run away. John was the UPS man this time and it turns out that he wanted to climb on top of the side of his toddler bed and pretend that he is driving the truck. His toddler bed is a crib with the front removed so he is above my belly button and if he falls, he could fall to the ground where there is a host of his trucks to land on. So I have told him that he can't be up there and needs to get down. This cause weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth. Once he calmed down he said, "I want to talk about it." This means he wants to enter into negotiations. He explained to me his side - that this was his truck and he needed to drive it. I explained he could fall and offered him the mailbox to sit on as a truck. He countered that the mailbox wasn't as high as his truck. I asked him what would happen if he fell and got hurt. He explained to me that you get back up and shake it off. I couldn't really counter that one. So I caved and he was happy driving his truck and delivering packages.

No comments:

Post a Comment