I had my first parent teacher conference with Emma's teacher this week. It went about how I thought it would go. I wasn't really worried that Emma is a trouble maker. The teacher said she has tested for reading at a level 18. That is where kids are supposed to be at the end of first grade. She is probably higher but the teacher can't test for higher because they don't want to expose kids to the content at that level too soon. Apparently it is too mature. I have suspected that she can read at about a second grade level and it was finally confirmed. Mrs. Allen also said that she can do her math just fine. She said that normally kids at that are higher thinkers can't do the math or they can only do the math in their head but can't explain how they got to the answer but Emma doesn't seem to have that problem. She also said that Emma is a rule follower (not terribly shocking) and is good about not talking to others when she isn't supposed to be. She said that she plays with her friends and is doing well socially. Emma loves kindergarten and Mrs. Allen and I told Mrs. Allen that she was so sad when she was out sick for strep. Mrs. Allen said she had missed Emma as well because she uses Emma as an assistant to go run things to the office or different places because she knows Emma will go straight there and come straight back.
The Sunday before my birthday Emma told me that she wanted me to take her to HEB so she could buy a birthday card for me. I told her that they were expensive and that I would love a homemade card from her. She finally agreed and made a card for me and made my present for me. She wrapped it up very nicely. She had asked what I wanted for my birthday and I told her snuggled. She responded with, "no snuggles until your birthday!!"
I finally got to unwrap my birthday present from Emma on my birthday and here is what I got:
I still smile when I see this paper!
Sunday, January 24, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment