Sunday, January 8, 2012

Last Pre-Baby Hoorah

Aaron and I went on a date that was not kid friendly as a last hoorah before this baby is born. We went to the museum of fine arts and saw the King Tut exhibit and then went to one of our favorite restaurants - Houston's.

The King Tut exhibit brought out the intellectual differences in Aaron and I. Aaron made comments about the primitive nature of the art work and gave specific examples to compare and contrast ancient Egyptian art to various art periods around the world. Me..... I made comments about the 3 inch thick, small holed, stone toilet seat. In fact that was one of the highlights of the exhibit for me. Don't get me wrong, there were other cool things - like the replica of the body, ornate gold work, and other stuff, but there was something fascinating about their toilet seat.

Then we went to Houston's. They have the best ribs hands down and I am not a hug meat person. They also have the world's greatest vegetable plate. So we get one of each and split it. Both things are so good that it is really a challenge to walk away from either dish and actually switch plates.

It was nice to be able to visit with Aaron and do things that were not conducive to having a 2 year old around and to be gone for longer than 2 hours. It was a great date!

No comments:

Post a Comment