This pregnancy has been a tutorial for me in the Second Coming. I don't know when this baby is coming and so I have tried to make haste while I have had energy because I don't know when my next opportunity to get anything done conveniently will next occur. I think it is also ironic that this is the second kid, so the second coming seems appropriate, in the most inappropriate manner. Well, it turns out that my fluid levels are low and so unlike with the real second coming, I know the day and the hour when this process is supposed to begin - tomorrow at 6am. It is a little anticlimactic knowing when the party is to start. I think that Heavenly Father has it right to not give us all the details. I will say this though, my thoughts and efforts on preparing for this baby have been more focused today than previously.
This week my dad has been here to help out with Emma. It has been a life saver because my energy levels tanked this week I have been wiped out. Emma has loved to have someone else to play with. She follows my dad around the house. They go to the park, this morning they played at the mall, they have done puzzles and games and books. Emma loves it. My favorite thing that Emma picked up on was an evangelical twist on prayers. My dad tends to say "Amen" at the end of a prayer just like an evangelical would at a very passionate meeting. The grand-kids LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. Emma is no exception so now at the end of prayers, Emma would fit into any congregation here in the south. She just smiles afterwards. It cracks me up.
This one on the playground my dad entitled "The Italian Hand Gesture for 'Don't Help Me.'"
Your baby should be a day old now and you, likely still in the hospital. Don't concern yourself with contacting me until life takes on some semblance of normality, but I just thought you should know I'm excited for you and thinking of you (and hoping for one little picture of the guy.... what did you name him?)
ReplyDeleteSOOOOO, I still haven't had my baby. You so totally wiped me out on this one! Hope everything is going well. Darling pictures! Miss you lady!
ReplyDelete