Aaron made a video for me for Mother's Day. It was of Emma singing "A Child's Prayer." It was adorable. So far we haven't figured out how to post video from our Cannon camera. This present is about as close as a human can get to turning water to wine seeing as we don't really have video editing software. Aaron earned his father status a million times over because he was up late two nights in a row making a video and then took care of the cooking and kids today. He wins an award for making a wonderful Mother's Day.
On another note I have been thinking about Motherhood. I have two sick kiddos right now. Last night was particularly rough with John. I would try and feed him and calm him down and he just cried and fussed. I finally got him to bed and he would wake up and scream every 20 minutes. After doing that for a while he woke up every 3 hours to eat. So I have been pondering about what it means to have someone (and most likely there are multiple people in our lives) that cuddle us and calm us down every 20 minutes when we are crying so to speak. I think that really Mother's Day is a celebration of those people in our lives that are happy to sacrifice their personal comfort to help us. I think that the role of mother lends itself (and father as well) to that description but it has given me pause to think about all of the people in my life that have done that for me. Certainly being a mom has made me think about all of the things that my mom has done for me throughout my life that I don't even remember and she doesn't remind me of. Like keeping her up in the night when I was sick.
Sunday, May 13, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment