Aaron asked if he could take John on a the Stake Father-Son Camp out. I am very supportive of such an idea. That means 50% less work for me on an evening. And how cool is it that Aaron wanted to spend an evening with his son. This also meant that Emma and I could go on a mother-daughter date. So Aaron took John to his first camp out. Apparently it went well until Aaron tried to feed him a bottle, it didn't go so well and there was some screaming.... I think it was from only one party, but I can neither confirm nor deny it.
Emma and I had a better time getting ice cream. I went to get Emma out of the back seat of the car and found her looking like this:
She didn't want to leave the sunglasses in the car so she walked confidently into the ice cream shop with both pairs of sunglasses on her face and shoes on the wrong feet, a flowered shirt and a plaid headband. on her head. I let her choose her ice cream and she choose cake and chocolate ice cream with chocolate and rainbow sprinkles and chocolate covered raisins on it. I choose cheesecake and strawberry and kiwi sorbet with berries on top. Emma looked at mine and hers and said she wanted mine. Since I can't eat a lot of chocolate right now (doesn't agree with John) I couldn't really switch with her. Fortunately Emma was willing to eat what she chose.
Surprisingly Emma didn't eat all of her ice cream. So when I told some people that I took Emma out for ice cream they were surprised that I would do such a thing. The irony of the matter is that apparently totally unbeknownst to me, it was a soy based frozen yogurt shop - called Tutti Fruitti. Essentially it was tofu masquerading as ice cream. Most people are grossed out when I tell them but it was good ice cream and if it weren't then they wouldn't be in business. Just sayin'.
Aaron came home from the camp out that night (it was planned that way). Aaron never intended to spend the night with John - nursing would have been a bit awkward. We put John to bed and called it a night after Aaron said he had been mentally assaulted by John. Three month olds pack a punch some times.
Tuesday, May 1, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment