Friday, May 31, 2013

Getting Dressed

On a Monday morning while I was putting clothes in the dryer, John pulled his church shirt out of the dirty laundry and handed it to me. He is going through a quasi-sharing phase so I thought he was "just sharing." He was quite perturbed at me for some reason when I put his shirt back in the laundry bag. After breakfast he walked away and came back with his church pants. I finally figured out that he wanted me to get him dressed. I consented and put them on. Then he got his church shirt again and consented and put it on. Later he brought me one sock. Same. Then he pounded on the door. All I could think was, "Do you want to go to church? Because my memory is that church means a subset of toys and confined in small spaces. I don't remember that as being fun."

Later that week he brought me some clothes to get him dressed in again. He is the opposite of Emma. He isn't a nudist. Emma embraced her inner nudist.


No comments:

Post a Comment