We got a sandbox and I am in love. The kids have been playing outside for 2 hours now. It almost seems unreal. They have been happy for the most part until now when Emma started tormenting John. But other than that, I am in love.
Aaron worked super hard in the heat to set it up and fill it with sand - 14 50lb bags of sand. He came inside hungry when he was done. The kids came inside filthy when they were done and we had hosed them off before hand.
So I would sit at the window in the comfort of air conditioning and watch them. I felt like I should be doing something productive since I had kid free time but I couldn't pull myself away from the window. I felt like I was at the zoo and watching animals in a quasi-natural habitat.
Here are some of the highlights:
Emma poured some of her water in the sandbox and noticed that it made a ball. She then put the ball in her mouth and chewed. Then she spit it out. John also ate sand but that was less surprising. He ended up with a sand mustache and go-tee.
John rolled around in the sand, so Emma rolled around in the sand. There is not a square inch of their bodies that is not covered in sand.
John got up on the seat and would turn in circles and fall down into the grass and do it again. He would also stand on the seat and hold his had to the sky and shout things.
Friday, May 31, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment