Tonight was the ward Trunk-or-Treat. We took Emma around some and there came a point where Aaron suggested they go to the next car and Emma said, "No, I have enough candy." We were floored. She didn't have gobs of candy either.
I have told Emma to think of toys she wants to ask Santa for and she thought of one toy. Later she asked if we could buy another toy right at that moment and I explained that she could put it on her list for Santa. She explained to me that she already had a toy on her list for Santa. I said, "ok, but you can ask for more than one thing. You won't get everything, but you can put more than one toy on the list." I probably should have just left it at "ok."
To make it clear that she is normal, she did insist that we buy a motorized Minnie Mouse bug car for her and was distraught that we left Toys R Us with out one. It was only in the last few weeks that she actually asked for anything at the store. Now she asks for stuff but phrases it as, "Are we going to buy that? Why not?" Not bad for 4 years old. And I am pretty sure that after today, she will probably ask for everything she sees.
Thursday, October 24, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment