Emma learned to ride a bike today! Last week I took the training wheels off her bike. She tried it and was too scared. So we took off her pedals over the weekend and she used her bike as a balance bike. It didn't take her long to figure out how to balance and get going on it. She got braver and braver each day. Yesterday and today she decided to ride down our driveway to get a better coast going. Our driveway is quite steep. Once I saw that she was backing up on the driveway to get going faster and faster, then I figured she was sufficiently skilled at riding a bike.
So tonight we put on her pedals and in a few minutes, she was off and going. We were out there for 20 minutes and in that time she figured out how to start, stop and turn on her bike. Once she got going, she was trying to go faster and faster. It was quite heart breaking that it was bed time.
Thursday, May 22, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment