Sunday, May 11, 2014

NPR

I love NPR. In fact it is the only radio station that I listen to (except on the 2 weeks of the year they ask for money - then I listen to country music). The first time I remember listening to NPR was when I was in college. I was in my roommate Maria's car and she had it on. There was a story about how children in Wisconsin were over weight and it was creating a problem. The school district was thinking about purchasing more school buses because the kids the same number of kids couldn't fit on the seats as in previous years. At that moment, I knew that this was my radio station. I didn't really listen too much to NPR until I had a commute. I rarely drove my car in college so it wasn't until I had moved to Houston and was working that I became an avid listener. When I stayed home with Emma I missed listening to NPR. Oh how I missed it. The clock would hit 5pm and I would have this strong desire to listen to the radio.

I was taking Emma to preschool and the radio was off. Sh asked to listen to the radio. She has done this before but I thought she might just be bored of her CD that we sometimes listen to. I asked if she wanted to listen to her CD. Nope. Did she want to listen to music on the radio. Nope. Then she explained she wanted to listen to talking. I giggled inside with joy! I asked her why she wanted to listen to talking. She told me she just likes to listen to it! Be still my heart!


No comments:

Post a Comment