- Find a story about a parent I have not heard before and record it. Growing up, I knew that when playing games with my Grandma Lofgreen, she had a rule that to signify the end of your turn, you knock on the table. At the beginning of this April, I heard that my parent's dog, Ned would respond to any knock by running to the front door in anticipation of a visitor.
- Interview your grandparents and ask them questions you don't know the answer to. At the beginning of April, I had the opportunity to "interview" Grandma Russell (only grandparent now living). Something new I learned about Grandma Russell was that her favorite restaurant is Matta's (in Mesa, Arizona). I knew she used to play Boggle with her family regularly, but hasn't been able to play because her brother and sister passed away recently. We set up Internet Boggle for her to play against folks on the Internet. After not playing in a month, she was able to win first place within just a few games.
- Find an item passed down. Grandma Russell gave John and Emma each a medal that my dad won during swimming or diving competitions when younger.
- Make a time capsule. We may a time capsule last week consisting of pictures Emma had drawn, pictures of our family and kids, and a DVD containing a recent blog book and other recent important family documents.
Saturday, May 31, 2014
Ward Family History Scavenger Hunt
The following were the scavenger hunt items and what we found for our ward:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment