This year Emma was a mermaid and John was Spider-man. They loved trick or treating and had a great time. The first kids to come to our door were the twin boys that live across the street from us. When I was walking to the door to answer it I could hear one of them say, "This is the most beautiful girl in the world. I can't believe my eyes!" These boys had drawn a picture of Emma and given it to her a couple of days ago. It made me giggle. Emma didn't hear their comments.
After trick or treating, John would get up in the morning and tell me he wanted candy for breakfast. He was quite bummed when I explained that he could choose between cereal and oatmeal. We had a mishap in the family and as a result the candy bags went up high in the pantry and have since been forgotten about. I can't say that I am up for reminding them either. They did get to eat some of it for dessert for a bit after Halloween. Emma has learned that she likes Nerds. John likes lolly pops.
We didn't exactly carve pumpkins this year. They have these things that turn your pumpkin into a Mr. Potato Head type thing. Emma's pumpkin was a witch. She loved that her witch had earrings. Probably because Emma wants earrings so bad she can taste it. Emma would take the witch pieces off her pumpkins and dress it up again and again. John's pumpkin was surprise, surprise, Spider-man.
Friday, October 31, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment