Yesterday the kids had some awesome moments.
Emma was explaining to Aunt Mary how to trick or treat. The first step is to eat all of your dinner. The rest was a step by step explanation of process but it made me giggle that dinner was definitely involved.
Emma also explained to my Dad that John had no idea what trick or treating was. I would like to point out for the record that it took years for Emma to figure out what this candy thing was. She played with the candy not knowing that you eat it. She never asked to open it or eat it. John had this down last year. He figured it out in about 30 seconds. I will however say that when I told the kids that we were going to do a trunk or treat John asked if we were going to climb a tree. Trunk. Get it?
I was putting John down to bed and he didn't want me to go and so he was hugging me. I get the most hugs when I am putting John down and about to walk out the door. He is at his snuggliest then - the most genius stall tactic a kid could use because who can resist snuggles? So he had his arm around me and said, "I am protecting you. You are getting stung." We have a Winnie the Pooh bear dressed up as a bee. So we talked about how Pooh doesn't like bees because they sting so he is dressed up as something scary.
The other day I made roasted veggies for dinner - potatoes, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, onions, and brussel sprouts. Emma didn't like them. She turned to me and said, "I don't like this dinner! YOu need to start making different dinners!" I giggled. She didn't appreciate that.
Thursday, October 30, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment