Tuesday, July 21, 2015

French Food

We had the missionaries over for dinner tonight. Last time we had them over we had fish tacos. One Elder mentioned the fish tacos. The word "taco" sent John off on a tangent. He announced that tacos are french food. He was quite proud of himself. I was racking my brain trying to figure out where he got such an idea. And then I remembered.

For Cinco de Mayo I we had tacos and I took the kids out for a churro at Costco. While they ate their churro I explained why we were celebrating Cinco de Mayo. The real reason is I like Mexican food, but that seemed superficial so I made up another reason. According to wikipedia (the great and accurate source of all information) the Mexicans kicked out the French. So I had taught the kids that the French wanted to tell the Mexicans what to do. The Mexicans wanted to make their own choices so the Mexicans kicked them out. That was my sum up of the war and the reason for our taco dinner.

So he got a little confused! He did explain to the missionaries that the French wanted to tell the Mexicans what to do and the Mexicans wanted to make their own choices and therefore tacos are French food.

Someone also said the word "sun" and John piped up and excitedly told us that the sun is really big and made of fire. He was thrilled to be able to teach the missionaries a thing or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment