Sunday, July 19, 2015

Potty Training Part II

Sure enough after I wrote about the progress John was making, he had a couple of set backs. The problem wasn't so much the set backs as it was the apathy about the set backs that bothered me. I had tapered on the treats in hopes that we could progress forward into normal life. Apparently I tapered too quickly. Now we are back to lots of treats and doing better. In fact, I have come to appreciate, admire and fear John's negotiation skills.

We were at a friends house yesterday and I took him potty so we didn't have any accidents. He didn't want to go potty so I told him I had a treat for him in my backpack. He asked what I had for a poop treat in the backpack. When I told him that I didn't have anything but we could get a treat when we got home. He looked at me and the look on his face said, "Nope, not going to cut it!" Sure enough as soon as we got home, he pooped! He wants Lindt chocolate truffles, a pirate hook, sword, and dubloons. I have been wondering how much this potty training thing is going to cost me. He pretty much has eaten more candy in the last week than in the previous 3 years of his life (maybe with the exception of Aunt Mary visits).

No comments:

Post a Comment