Here are some interactions with the kids that I have been meaning to write down.
1. John asked me to tell him a bedtime story. I asked him if he would tell me a bedtime story. He said he didn't have a story in his head. I asked why not and he told me that all of the words have left his head.
2. There have been a variety of times when I have asked John what he wanted for lunch/dinner, etc. He tells me he isn't hungry because he just ate ice cream. I tell him that was last week.
3. I bought a book with a million lift-the-flaps and various other "interactive" type things about various vehicles. John was looking at it during a baptism and he pointed to a vehicle and asked me what it was. I read the description to him - a pooper scooper scooter from France. He was instantly in love. This is best described as a moped with a vacuum on the back of it. Apparently someone drives around vacuuming up dog poop. Ever since then he will periodically tell me that he wants to go to France.
One day he asked me what he could get as a treat for going poops in the toilet. At this point in the game I would give him anything in the world to get this kid potty trained because he is totally unmotivated. I asked him what he wanted. A pooper scooper scooter. My dad, Mary, and I scoured the internet for one. No such luck. Apparently there aren't enough kids in France that idolize pooper scooper scooters to make toy models of them. Surely there is an untapped market here.
4. John has been loving to dress up lately as a pirate, a cowboy, or Spiderman. I have been accompanied by these characters to the grocery store on a number of occasions.
5. John told me he wants to be a gorilla keeper when he grows up.
6. John told me Cheetos can run faster than cars.
7. John didn't want me to change his bum when he had a poopy diaper. I asked him why. He told me, "I don't like cold wipes! And then my bum will be a penguin home!" He knows penguins live in cold places, so if somewhere is cold, then it must be a place where penguins live. I also sprayed sun screen on him and he told me that his arm was going to be a penguin home.
8. For a while John would say, "I am very persific about officinal stuff."
9. John walked into the room where I was and asked me if stink bugs spray toilet water at you. I told him no but he didn't believe me.
Tuesday, July 7, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment