We usually go to Brazos Bend State Park every spring time. This time we decided to go camping over the Good Friday break. We invited a bunch of families to go with us and had a great time! We had four campsites all by each other and the kids just ran around everywhere playing with each other.
We were able to see a nest of baby alligators. They were about as cute as baby alligators could be. They just slept and walked all over each other. Turns out that baby alligators aren't much different than human babies in that regard.
We also were able to see a couple of daddy alligators do their mating calls. They stuck their heads up straight in the air and their tails up straight as well and then they made a loud grumbling sound. It was cool. I think they were each staking out their territory.
At one point John had to use the bathroom and we were far away from the bathrooms so Aaron took him out into the trees. Afterward, John said, "I like this!" Emma was also able to experience using the trees as a bathroom and based on the frequency with which she requested to use the bathroom, she liked it too.
In the evening we all sat around the fire and told stories. It got to be late and John begged to go to bed. I was shocked. He didn't want to sleep in the tent by himself though. A short time later he decided that he was that tired and would sleep in the tent on his own. And he did.
At night I learned that John snores like an old man and talks in his sleep. Overall, sleeping in the tent wasn't so bad. We got about of good of a night's sleep as you can in a tent while camping as a family.
Emma's favorite part of camping was playing with friends. John's favorite part was digging with a camping shovel. Emma also liked the orange soda and John also liked the cheetos.
I learned that I can handle one night of camping and that I am a social camper. It was a ton of fun to camp with a bunch of friends. If anyone forgot something, someone else had it. The kids had a great time running around and it was nice to visit with friends. We lucked out with the weather. There weren't any mosquitos and the weather was perfect. There were little gnats but they didn't bite, they just flew in your face.
We drove home and the kids crashed on the way home. Aaron and I crashed for a few days afterwards.
Sunday, April 10, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment