John is 10 months old now. He still smiles and laughs a lot. He explores the house and on occasion will come to me when he needs his diaper changed or if he is hungry or just needs some social time. Other than that he is off exploring and by exploring I mean chewing on stuff. He has teethed on our chairs and just about every toy in the house. Unfortunately he is a biter and I don't know what to do about it. I don't think I can bring my self to bite him or flick his face when he does it. Right now I am hoping he will grow out of it before we get to nursery. When John sees another baby, he gets super excited and has no concept of personal space. He will crawl on top of the baby and give the baby either kisses or bites. Social experiences for him are costly for the other person involved. John has made peace with formula and is taking it better now. He has also decided he really only likes carbs. He giggles at oatmeal for breakfast and at other meals he complains loudly until I give him cheerios. He won't do fruit even - just a little bit. He will sit in his high chair forever eating cheerios as long as you are sitting by him. If I walk out of the room, he just screams. So he is a social carbivor. He loves Emma and Aaron. He gets upset if Aaron comes home from work and doesn't pick him up immediately.
John lives for getting a hold of the broom to chew on it, finding an open bathroom door (especially when he can find my toilet cleaning gloves), and an open laundry room door to chew on shoes. Oh and the pantry is a special treat, as well as an open dishwasher.
John still army crawls. He can crawl with his belly up but I think he army crawls because he is faster. If he is on tile floor with just a diaper on he will crawl with his belly up to keep it off the cold floor. He cruses around things but appears to be a long ways off from walking.
He hates his car seat and high chair and anything confining. He likes walks though in the stroller.
Emma lives for playing with John under the table. She keeps asking for a bike with pedals and is hoping Santa will bring her one. She also thought about asking Santa to bring her a trumpet but I explained to her that Santa is nice to moms and doesn't bring children trumpets. So now Emma will tell people that Santa doesn't bring trumpets. The other day Emma asked if a tiger has a handle. I told her no. She then asked if they would get their tails dirty when they pooped. Emma lives for dressing up in ballet and gymnastics stuff, riding her bike. We also play a lot of blocks together and she is actually quite patient at building towers. She knows all of her letters and their sounds. She can write some of them like the letter 'f.' Emma lives for leaving the house and going and doing things. Her first question when she wakes up (ok, second, the first is "what are you doing?") is "where are we going today?" One time we were out running an errand and we were headed home. She asked where we were going and when I told her home, she said, "Don't we need to get John more medicine?" She was distraught that we were going home and would rather go through the Walgreens drive thru than go home.
Sunday, December 2, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment