For John, it will be hair cuts. We gave him his second hair cut last night. The sound of the clippers just sent him over the edge. The actual haircut is what will land him in therapy. He just cried and cried. I felt bad about torturing him but I also felt bad that he long hair growing over his ears. As it turns out, I was willing to risk a life of therapy so that John could join society. I will say this, Aaron did a great job on his haircut.
On another note, Froggy has been top dog on Emma's animal list. She rotates through several animals as her favorite but this week it was Froggy. It took us a while to get into the car this week because Froggy had to go potty and wash his hands. Then she would put socks on him and then shoes. She put her shoes on Froggy and since her shoes are too big for Froggy, they would fall off a couple of times on the way to the car so she would stop to put the shoes on. Then she would buckle Froggy in the front seat of the car. This routine added about 30 minutes to getting out of the door so I thought I would do what I could to help this process along. So I found some of Emma's old baby shoes and gave them to her for Froggy.
Emma asked me to put her hair up in braids and she then put a headband in her hair, bounded up the stairs and said, "I look good!"
Emma went to preschool just before Thanksgiving and at preschool the teacher took kids out on a ride on a thing called a Ranger. It is like a cross between a golf cart and a minivan and all covered in deer hunting camouflage. It holds 6 people and obviously there aren't car seats in this thing. The teacher took the kids out for a ride and Emma was ecstatic. For days after this I would tall Emma to get into the car and I would find her in the front passenger seat or even in the driver seat. She was ready to drive the car. It took some days to convince her that she in fact had to ride in her car seat.







No comments:
Post a Comment