The weather was nice today so I took the kids on a bike ride to the park. Once we got there, we rode around some more. John started saying, "Vroom Vroom Vroomy Vroom Vroom! Doey at the wheel!" Later he said, "Biker Dude at the wheel!" (For some reason I taught John about biker dudes and biker chicks.... seemed like a good idea at at the time.)
Emma was riding around and said, "Watch out, I'm on the loose!" That one made me giggle.
John announced the other day that his name is Dr. Shrinky and that I am Yucky Man. Aaron is Captain Hammer, and Emma is Weather Woman. These are characters from a Backyardigans book. John also announced that he controls the world. For a while now I have long suspected that John and my nephew Josh are almost twins. I used to think that my sister Emily could probably walk into Josh's room when he was 2 years old and find a crayon scribble drawing that was actually a plot to take over the world. Not much has changed now that Josh is 12... except his plots are more elaborate and probably involve llamas as his minions. As my sister Emily said, Josh and John are probably twins in the premortal existence and were separated at birth and now communicate through mental telepathy.
So John has been telling strangers that his name is Dr. Shrinky. They laugh. Now John walks around the house practicing his evil laugh, "Ba ha ha ha ha!" John also said that Captain Hammer and Weather Woman are going to stop him controlling the world. I had to agree with him on that one. Sometimes if John is feeling generous, he shares his shrinking powers with me but I can only shrink a little bit. He also tells me that he only does nice shrinking.
Emma was saying a prayer today and was grateful that she got to do dishes, mop the floors and go to the park to do the monkey bars. She was quite serious about it. She loves to do dishes and mop the floors. I kinda feel guilty that she is grateful for child labor. I kinda feel like I pulled a dirty rotten rat fink trick on her. On the other hand, she is happy to do those things.... go figure. I think that this is how I know she is related to Grandma Lindy.
Saturday, February 7, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment