Sunday, February 15, 2015

Pay Bills

I had an interesting experience this week with John. First off, I should tell the background story associated with it.

We were getting ready to get in the car to go to the airport to go to California. I had meticulously packed everything I might possibly need and loaded the car while the kids were napping. I got them up, and was loading them into the car. John had his backpack on his shoulder and he said, "I have my backpack. Do you have yours?" It made me remember that I did not have my backpack and was going to forget it if he hadn't said that. It had my wallet and the DVD player in it. Hard to say which was more important. I was very grateful to John for helping me to catch that.

When I told Aaron about the story and he said that John did something similar to that to help him remember something important.

Ok, so now to the current story. I usually pay bills on the 15th of the month because that is the day that they are all posted and not due yet. There is a small window of time in which that happens. I pay them during quiet time so it isn't something the kids see me do. Nor do I talk about it with them because it doesn't come up with a 3 and 5 year old.

So this week John kept saying, "I want to pay bills." He would say this at the most random times. I don't know if he even knows what that means. I brushed it off because this kid says a lot of random things. Then finally it occurred to me that given John's past, maybe this was a prompting of the Holy Ghost. So I decided to pay bills on the 11th. Not all of them were in but I paid the one outstanding one a few days later. On the 15th, John said, "I don't want to pay bills." I thought that it was odd because his phrase changed. So then on the 16th, I get a call from the credit card company and our card number had been stolen and used in Arizona on the 15th. The account was frozen automatically when the company figured out that something fishy was going on. If I had waited to pay my bills on the 15th, I could have run into problems if I had done it after my card was frozen. Now, it will take 10-14 business days to get a new card. So if I hadn't paid my bills, it was have been harder to do so since I have to wait a while to get a new card.

Thank goodness for little kids and promptings!

No comments:

Post a Comment