We had a fireside at our house this past Sunday. Aaron spoke on friendship. I prepared the kids ahead of time that if they couldn't be quiet, I would take them upstairs. John looked at us and said, "I want to go upstairs!' I guess he was just going to cut to the chase.
So the time of the fireside came and Emma sat there very quietly and still for a long time. She eventually came and sat on my lap. At one point she asked if she could go by Aaron and I told her no but she didn't make a big deal out of it.
John stood still but for a different reason. We had a new babysitter on Friday night. Her name is Olivia. John now has a big time crush on her. This is breaking from his typical blond pattern because she has red hair. So Olivia came to the fireside. John stood next to her and just stared at her the entire time. We are talking 45 minutes of standing still and watching her. At one point he came over to me and told me he found Olivia and then went back to her side. When I was taking him upstairs to go to bed he asked me which set of shoes belonged to Olivia. He also told me he wants Olivia to live at our house. He is beyond smitten. I haven't seen him show this much interest in any of his previous crushes before.
Tuesday, February 17, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment